In this regular feature for TechSwindon we ask some of the areas Meetup organisers about their groups, what they get up to and how you can get involved
- What’s your Meet-up?
Young Enterprise Swindon (YESwindon)
- Who’s it for?
Young professionals and Entrepreneurs from the Swindon & Wiltshire Area
- Is there any criteria to join?
18-35 years old
- What’s the format of your event?
Early evening meet up with food, drink, creative speakers, activities and in interesting venues once every 6 weeks.
- If you could invite anyone to your meet-up who would it be?
Louis Theroux. He’s not in the age range but he’d have some stories to tell.
- How many members do you generally have at an event?
We have averaged around 50 to each event and we have approximately 150 individuals who have registered for events over 2019
- What are some of the typical subjects you discuss?
We showcase small, local businesses and individuals working in the region doing something slightly different and unique
- Who’s been your favourite speaker this year and why?
They have all been great but Sophie Thomas from the Grazing Company stands out to me. She was a young entrepreneur just starting her business and YES was the first time she had ever spoken at an event. She has since grown her business and become a well-recognised brand in area and something completely unique.
- What’s the best thing about the Swindon tech cluster?
There isn’t one so early adopters can help shape it!
- Where can we find out more about you?
https://growthhub.swlep.co.uk/support/business-support-details/young-enterprise-swindon or follow us at @YESwindon on Instagram. Website is coming soon!