1. In your own words – what do you do?
Stage One design digital products based on how users think and what they want. It adds value to businesses to put their users first. Its all about helping users get more value out of services which in turn increases the value of businesses.
2. What’s the most exciting thing about what you’re doing?
The diversity of work. One minute we're working out a task problem, the next minute we're doing a podcast, then we're working on the strategy of growing Stage One.
3. What are you most proud of so far?
How quickly Stage One has been established. Within a week of moving into the office we had a website with four primary sections. We had meetings with potential clients, we had started content strategy and how quickly we come up with ideas for further services.
4. What have you found most difficult about being a startup?
Getting clients. We've had meetings with potential clients. They've all said they really like us. A couple have even said they want to use our services, but until contracts are signed we can't say they are officially clients.
5. What would you do differently if you started now?
I don't think anything. We are doing all the right things. We've done it before with our own separate businesses only now we've teamed up and are upscaling
6. Where do you think you’ll be in 12 months?
On a beach in the Bahamas :-) Just kidding. We hope to have grown Stage One's network so we have over 1,000 Contractors, many start-ups as clients and a number of enterprises as clients. We also hope to have lots of video content that people can refer to and find valuable. We want to shape the way forward for businesses to work with contractors and the industry changes and IR35 comes into effect in 2020.
7. What tools/people/services/organisations helped you most?
LinkedIn, some of the businesses and individuals we've worked with in the past.
8. What’s the best thing about being based in Swindon?
It's more affordable than other places in the south of the UK, also one
of us lives in Swindon. We also see Swindon as untapped territory.
9. What support does the tech scene need in Swindon?
There needs to be more awareness of what Swindon has to offer. Swindon needs to be better known to the rest of the country, especially in places like London. Stage One is here to help put Swindon on the map.
10. Where can we find out more about you?
We also have updates on: