1. In your own words – what do you do?
LandHawk automates the search process for Land developers and planners, helping them to see at a glance if a parcel of land is viable and then visualise what can go on it. As LandHawk is a bespoke platform, we have control over how it works and a team of developers to keep evolving the app.
2. What’s the most exciting thing about what you’re doing?
Probably the fact that its supporting the UK housing industry in an uncertain time. It also provides our customers with massive productivity gains as it takes out the hard work involved to see if off market land is viable or to inform future business plans. It saves them a big chunk of upfront cost.
3. What are you most proud of so far?
The fact that its completely our own platform and that we’ve designed it inline with a team of early adopters who constantly give us feedback. We are keeping that ethic as we move into the future so essentially its created by us but designed by our clients.
4. What have you found most difficult about being a startup?
Mainly that everyone wants everything but wants to pay as little as possible for it!
5. What would you do differently if you started now?
I would definitely spend more time on User Experience and Design before starting the development of the product
6. Where do you think you’ll be in 12 months?
Self sustainable, hopefully!
7. What tools/people/services/organisations helped you most?
My awesome team and experienced board members/advisors who I have met on my journey
8. What’s the best thing about being based in Swindon?
Swindon is a great hub of tech activity and has a very strong and extremely supportive business network. Everyone here likes to keep business local, refer, recommend and help out wherever possible. It really is a thriving environment to have your HQ in!
9. What support does the tech scene need in Swindon?
A local investor network and support services that are not just accountants
10. Where can we find out more about you?
You can find out all about LandHawk at landhawk.uk or find myself or Max Jarmey on LinkedIn and we can run you through a demo of the platform.