1. In your own words – what do you do?
We are a creative agency based in Swindon, offering web design, graphic design, branding and on-going support.
2. What’s the most exciting thing about what you’re doing?
Genuinely making a difference to the businesses we work with - and having fun while we do it!
3. What are you most proud of so far?
Building an award-winning team, who are known for our good vibes and quality work.
4. What have you found most difficult about being a startup?
Attracting talent. Swindon is positioned between Bristol and London - where rates of pay for our industry our typically higher.
5. What would you do differently if you started now?
If we feel something isn't quite right, be more confident in saying "no".
6. Where do you think you’ll be in 12 months?
We'd like to have recruited another member to the team, continuing to work with and support businesses in Swindon and beyond.
7. What tools/people/services/organisations helped you most?
What tools/people/services/organisations helped you most? There are so many to list! Software-wise we'd highly recommend Xero for accountancy, ActiveCollab for project management, and Bitrix for a CRM system.
8. What’s the best thing about being based in Swindon?
What’s the best thing about being based in Swindon? Swindon is home to some fantastic businesses, charities and causes. We always love the opportunity to work closely with some of these.
9. What support does the tech scene need in Swindon?
Exposure. We have a fantastic community of tech-based businesses in Swindon doing some amazing work locally - and globally! Exposure of this work, and that its been produced in Swindon should be of the highest importance.
10. Where can we find out more about you?
Our website contains everything about us and services: https://www.gelstudios.co.uk. You can also find GEL Studios on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.